Twenty finalists have been chosen for the inaugural Quicken Loans Demo Day, the company announced Thursday.
The small businesses will compete for a share of loans on May 25 at the Gem Theatre in downtown Detroit. A panel will decide the eight companies that will receive between $50,000-$200,000 in investments. The small businesses are either based in Detroit or are willing to relocate to Detroit if awarded the capital, Crain’s reported.
Quicken Loans has collaborated with WeWork LLC on the event, which will host its Creator Awards concurrently at Cadillac Square. There entrepreneurs, small businesses and nonprofits will pitch their concepts to compete for a share of a $1.5 million investment in their company.
Detroit’s small business community stands to benefit from more than $2.5 million from the joint event.
The following companies were selected out of nearly 600 submissions to compete in Demo Day:
- Ascape Audio, Ann Arbor
- Life Magnetics, Inc., Detroit
- Ash & Anvil Inc., Ann Arbor
- Onyx Enterprise, Inc., Detroit
- Detroit is the New Black LLC, Detroit
- Phoenix Haus LLC, Detroit
- Detroit Training Center Inc., Detroit
- Pretch LLC, Novi
- Dr. Nitro’s Dessert Lab LLC,
- RecoveryPark Farms Inc., Detroit
- Eli Tea, Birmingham
- SignOn, Grosse Pointe
- Flash Delivery LLC, Detroit
- Social Sushi LLC, Detroit
- Good Cakes and Bakes LLC, Detroit
- The Farmer’s Hand LLC, Detroit
- GoPoint Technology, Birmingham
- The Social Club Grooming Co., Detroit
- Hunt & Noyer LLC,…
click here to read more.