• Michigan Senior Olympics registration is open for the 38th Annual Summer Games taking place Aug. 11-20 throughout Oakland and Macomb Counties, register at 248-608-0252 or michiganseniorolympics.org.
• 44th annual Garden Center Sale is through June 7 at Oakland Schools Technical Campus Southwest, 1000 Beck Road, Wixom. Open during class hours, 8-9:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. plus weekend sale, 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. May 20-21, 248-668-5634, email@example.com.
• To celebrate May is National Pet Month, all Menards home improvement stores are serving as a pet supply donation drop site for a local non-profit animal organization, for information, call the Wixom store at 248-344-1140 or visit www.menards.com/main/home.html.
• Howarth United Methodist Church monthly dinner is 4:30-7 p.m. May 24 at the church, 550 E. Silverbell Road, Lake Orion, 248-373-2360, suggested donation to benefit church missions, for the turkey buffet dinner is $13 for adults, $5 for children 5 – 12, carryout available.
• Michigan Animal Rescue League Annual Yappy Hour fundraiser is 6:30-9 p.m. June 1 at Meadow Brook Hall Rock Garden in Rochester, $85 each and sponsorship opportunities begin at $500, www.marleague.org/events-and-fundraisers/yappy-hour, 248-335-9290.
• Drive to Beat Breast Cancer Golf Outing and Card Tournament is June 5 to benefit the Walter & Marilyn Wolpin Comprehensive Breast Care Center at Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak. This two location event offers an enjoyable day…
click here to read more.