SPRING GROVE – The Fox Lake Fire Protection District responded to a reported gas leak Tuesday night in the 28900 block of Westlane Avenue in Spring Grove, a spokesperson for the district said.
Fox Lake Deputy Fire Chief Ed Lescher said a car struck a gas meter outside a home. That residence and the neighboring one were evacuated until Nicor Gas arrived to shut off the gas line.
Lescher did not provide the identity of the driver, and he said the incident is no longer under investigation.
click here to read more.