The Minnesota Department of Public Safety Office of Traffic Safety said a few of the more dangerous situations where drivers were ticketed were when a state trooper cited a young driver for not wearing a seatbelt while going 110 mph in a 55 mph zone, and an officer ticketing a driver with two teens riding in a boat being towed by a vehicle.
In the campaign this year officers, deputies and troopers reported 6,771 seat belt citations and 184 child seat violations. In 2016, there were 7,233 seat belt citations and 213 child seat violations. In 2015, there were 7,393 seat belt citations and 175 child seat violations and in 2014, there were 10,874 seat belt citations and 279 child seat violations
More than 300 law enforcement agencies statewide participated in campaign.
In the Twin Cities metro area, agencies with the most seat belt citations were:
• Minnesota State Patrol (East Metro) — 457
• Minnesota State Patrol (West Metro) — 412
• St. Paul Police Department — 298
• Ramsey County Sheriff’s Office — 107
In greater Minnesota, agencies with the most citations were:
• Minnesota State Patrol (Rochester District) — 486
• Minnesota State Patrol (Duluth District) — 345
• Olmsted County Sheriff’s Office — 139
• Moorhead Police Department — 96
Child reportedly dies at Twin Cities business
OSSEO, Minn.—The Hennepin County sheriff’s office reported Tuesday night that it is investigating a child’s death in Osseo.
In a statement, the sheriff’s office said only that Osseo police officers and firefighters responded to a medical emergency involving a child shortly after 8 p.m. in the 8700 block of Jefferson…
click here to read more.