Do you know what to do if you’re in an accident?
Drivers will get a break from construction-related closures along freeways in the Phoenix area over the Independence Day weekend.
The Arizona Department of Transportation and its contractors will not schedule closures along Valley freeways from Friday afternoon, June 30, through late Tuesday night, July 4.
Drivers are urged to focus on safe driving, including slowing down and using extra caution in existing work zones across the state. Arizona’s “Stay Alert – Stay Alive” highway safety recommendations include:
- Check your vehicle, including the tire pressure.
- Get some rest before traveling. Fatigue is a serious safety risk.
- Never drive while impaired. Arrange for a designated driver in advance.
- Allow extra travel time and be prepared for unscheduled closures.
- Buckle up and obey speed limits.
- Avoid distractions. Don’t text while driving.
- Pack extra supplies, including drinking water and snack foods.
- Avoid parking vehicles in areas with taller grasses or brush — that can spark a fire.
Read or Share this story: http://azc.cc/2tbgskN
click here to read more.