The San Mateo County district attorney’s office is releasing the suspect in Thursday’s homicide, stating that more investigation is needed to determine whether a crime occurred.
“We’re not going to rush judgment here,” said District Attorney Steve Wagstaffe on Monday afternoon.
The suspect, John Charles Peters, a 67-year-old Half Moon Bay resident, was charged with murder and taken into custody following the fatal stabbing of fellow Half Moon Bay resident Adam Thomas Blue in the 800 block of Main Street.
At least one witness to the 7 p.m. incident told the Review that Peters acted in self-defense that night, and Wagstaffe acknowledged that was the “principle thing” his office was looking at as the investigation continues. Wagstaffe said investigators had testimony from three witnesses so far.
At this time there are no charges pending and Peters was set to walk out of jail on Monday afternoon.
click here to read more.