Woman died of LSD overdose at Lightning in a Bottle – California News

Woman died of LSD overdose at Lightning in a Bottle – California News



South Monterey County >> An autopsy has determined an LSD overdose killed a young woman who died after attending the Lightning in a Bottle festival at Lake San Antonio over Memorial Day weekend.

According to the San Luis Obispo Sheriff’s Office Coroner’s Unit, Baylee Ybarra Gatlin’s cause of death is acute Lysergic Acid Diethylamide (LSD) toxicity. The manner of death is listed as accidental.

Gatlin, a 20-year-old Ventura County resident, died at about 3:40 a.m. May 28 after being transported to Twin Cities Community Hospital in Templeton from the festival.

A release issued on Thursday regarding the autopsy results referred all questions to the Monterey County Sheriff’s Office, which announced in May it had opened an investigation into Gatlin’s death. The office did not provide any details about the status of the inquiry in response to a request from The Herald on Friday.

Lightning in a Bottle organizers also did not respond to The Herald’s request for comment.

The Do Lab is operating under a five-year agreement with the county to hold the event at Lake San Antonio’s north shore, with an option for five more years.

In its fourth year at the lake, the festival hosted an estimated 25,000 people over the weekend.

Jim Johnson can be reached at 831-726-4348.

click here to read more.

Share this post

Post Comment