No one injured in small kitchen fire at Greeley Center for Independence – Colorado News

No one injured in small kitchen fire at Greeley Center for Independence – Colorado News

Greeley Fire Department firefighters extinguished a small kitchen fire Saturday afternoon at the Greeley Center for Independence.

Fire department spokeswoman Teresa Hinz said firefighters were called just after 3 p.m. They arrived on scene 4 minutes later and found a small kitchen fire, which they put out with one of the fire extinguishers carried on their trucks.

She said their were no injuries. The resident, a woman in a wheelchair whose name was not released, was able to get out of her residence, 2730 28th Ave., after the fire began, and she called 911.

All told, Hinz said three firetrucks and 10 firefighters were at the scene for about half an hour, investigating the fire. She said the investigation revealed the fire began when the resident accidentally left her toaster sitting on a burner on the stove, with the burner turned on.

She said the cost of the damage is estimated at $400.


Recommended Stories For You


click here to read more.

Share this post

Post Comment