(Family Features) From casual gatherings with friends to outdoor athletic activities and leisurely time at home, all of the best summer pastimes have one thing in common: tasty snacks make them more enjoyable.
Light, airy and fresh popcorn is a perfect summer snack. It’s naturally low in fat and calories, non-GMO and gluten free – all the makings of an ideal guilt-free treat. Whether you enjoy it one delicious handful at a time, sprinkled with seasonings or as an ingredient in fun summertime recipes, popcorn offers plenty of versatility for every occasion.
You can kick up the heat with a zesty popcorn mix and no summer sporting event is complete without some good old toffee-style popcorn and nuts. Find more popcorn recipes perfect for summer at popcorn.org.
Beach Party Popcorn
Yield: 2 1/2 quarts
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1-2 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 2 quarts popped popcorn
- 2 cups assorted seasoned snacks (crackers, pretzels, etc.)
- 1/2 package (0.56 ounces) bacon-onion dip mix
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- Add soy sauce and hot pepper sauce to melted butter.
- Put popcorn and seasoned snacks in large bowl. Pour butter mixture over popcorn and snacks; toss. Sprinkle with bacon-onion dip mix; toss again.
- Spread mixture in 15 1/2-by-10 1/2-by-1-inch jelly roll pan and bake 8-10 minutes, stirring once.
Ballpark Popcorn Crunch
Yield: 3 quarts
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 quarts unsalted popped popcorn
click here to read more.