Chicago Bears’ John Fox on Cutler: ‘We wish it went a different way’ | National – Connecticut News

Chicago Bears’ John Fox on Cutler: ‘We wish it went a different way’ | National – Connecticut News

BOURBONNAIS, Ill. — On the day that Jay Cutler arrived in Miami to come out of retirement for the proverbial “one last job” like in the movies, there were three Chicago Bears quarterbacks struggling to handle what had been Cutler’s old job.

Nothing too alarming, mind you, and there were some good moments, too, in Monday’s practice. Plus, there’s the matter of the anticlimax: Mike Glennon is going to be the Bears’ starter to start the season; the only real question at this point is whether Mark Sanchez can hold his spot as the backup, ahead of No. 2 overall pick Mitchell Trubisky.

But the Cutler news added a little intrigue and texture to the Bears’ current QB hierarchy after the team let him go in the offseason, following season-ending shoulder surgery and his own struggles during the team’s 3-13 campaign that leaves many of the holdovers in the hot seat heading into this season.

Head coach John Fox, though, said he’s happy for Cutler, his starter for two seasons in Chicago. Fox said he texted the new Dolphins quarterback well wishes after hearing the news that he was forgoing a broadcasting career with FOX to help the suddenly needy Dolphins, who have lost Ryan Tannehill indefinitely.

“I think it’s great,” Fox said. “… I am happy for him. It’s another opportunity, and it’s all guys can ask for. We wish him nothing but the best.”

Fox added that Cutler’s familiarity of the Dolphins’ scheme, which head coach Adam Gase is keeping much of after coaching Cutler with the Bears in 2015, should be a big benefit…

click here to read more.

Share this post

Post Comment