(StatePoint) Want to give your home a dash of curb appeal? Focus on color, say experts.
“The home exterior is an open palette, and there’s so much opportunity to add curb appeal with colorful accents,” says color expert Kate Smith, chief color maven with Sensational Color.
Here are 10 ways to give your house a colorful facelift.
• No matter what style your home is, the roof is a major aspect of its curb appeal — sometimes as much as 40 percent of the view. So think about it first. Use free online resources like the new Top Down Color visualizer from DaVinci Roofsapes to quickly visualize how different colors and products will look on your home.
• Make landscaping decisions with color top-of-mind. Either go for a vibrant and natural look, or create a stylized look with patterns and designs.
• Replace the numbers on your house or clean the old ones. Brass will certainly stand out on most housing materials; however, you may prefer to use large colorful accent numbers to contrast with your home exterior.
• Forget about your bland, boring garage door. Use free online resources like HaasCreate, an online visualizer, to select one with color and distinction. Available at haascreate.com, the tool allows you to upload a photo of your home then select different garage door styles to see what will work best on your home.
• Give your mail carrier a warmer welcome. Spruce up your mailbox with a fresh coat of paint. Or, if it’s rusty or splintered, replace it. There are many styles available, so consider selecting something with…
click here to read more.