By staff reports
The Los Angeles Police Department’s Harbor Division is offering these tips to avoid a summer and holiday season burglary:
• Case your house like a burglar to find the easiest entry points to make them more secure.
• Trim trees and shrubs near the front door and windows, and think carefully about installing a high fence in the backyard.
• Invest in a burglar alarm, and install exterior lights and motion detectors.
• Install strong doors, and use padlocks, door and window locks and dead bolts.
• Keep valuables, including, paintings, computers, televisions and silver collections, out of view.
• While on vacation, have mail and packages picked up, forwarded or held by the post office; lower the sound of your telephone ringer and answering machine so they can’t be heard outside; stop newspaper delivery; use automatic timers to turn on lights; and ask neighbors to keep watch.
click here to read more.