• Living in America is a privilege and for nearly 250 years people have come here to become Americans. At the same time, a significant part of the social contract to become a citizen is to assimilate into the American culture, learn English and pledge allegiance to our constitutional framework. Those who are unwilling to fulfill that obligation shouldn’t be here.
• In politics, the only people who should make decisions are those who will actually pay a price when they’re wrong.
• If members of Congress had been forced to use Obamacare without the generous subsidies imbedded in the Affordable Care Act legislation, this abomination would have been repealed and replaced long ago.
• The military prohibits people from entering the armed forces for a variety of reasons, i.e., health, physical appearance, education, etc. In fact, 71 percent of Americans aged 17-to-24 don’t qualify for military service because of that screening. The same Pentagon report also cited that just 1 percent of that demographic are both physically qualified and have a legitimate interest in serving. So to be clear, the only criteria that should be used to determine whether or not transgender individuals should serve in the U.S. military are those that measure combat readiness and effectiveness.
• Straight news doesn’t drive TV ratings or web traffic — controversy and scandal do that. Consequently, commentary and news reporting are now so badly blurred that it’s almost impossible to get at the facts in political matters. Far too much of what we read and hear from a left-leaning media is little more than thinly disguised opinion pieces — scandal sells!
• If you’ve examined…
click here to read more.