A live Bob Dylan show is usually a wild card: What type of backing band will he bring along with him? What era from his nearly six-decade career will he favor? Will he sing in a decipherable way?
It’s a stretch to say none of that matters, but, in some ways, it really doesn’t. How much longer this mercurial artist will be calling the road his home is anyone’s guess, probably even his. And no matter what, it’s going to be memorable in a way that goes beyond just telling the grandkids “I once saw Bob Dylan.”
Tickets go on sale this Friday for Dylan’s Oc. 21 show at the 1stBank Center. Factor in opening act Mavis Staples — one of the two daughters from the legendary Staples Singers as well as a rhythm & blues icon in her own right — and you’ll want to think twice before letting this one slip by.
Meanwhile, here’s this week’s full list of new show announcements and onsale dates:
On sale Friday, Sept. 15
• Bob Dylan & His Band, 1stBank Center, Denver, Oct. 21
• Gemini Syndrome, Marquis Theater, Denver, Oct. 28
• Architect, Summit Music Hall, Denver, March 11, 2018
On sale now
• DED, Black Sheep, Sept. 24
• Rock For Hurricane Relief feat. Demi Dimetro (of Velveteers), Summit Music Hall, Denver, Sept. 27
• For The Love Of Locals feat. Valienta, Summit Music Hall, Denver, Sept. 28
• Lockjaw, Marquis Theater, Denver, Oct. 1
• Immortal Synn, Marquis Theater, Denver, Oct. 8
• Layne & Soen…
click here to read more.