Fall officially starts Sept. 22, but why wait? Get your garden into autumn mode now.
▪ Plant cool-season vegetables such as bok choy, spinach, peas, radishes, carrots and lettuce; the warm ground will get these fall crops off to a fast start.
▪ Transplant seedlings for cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower and kale.
▪ Sow California poppy seeds for a golden spring.
▪ Transplant cool-weather annuals such as calendula, cyclamen, fairy primroses, pansies and violas.
▪ Divide and replant bulbs and rhizomes. Pay attention to bearded irises; they like to be divided and replanted every three years to keep blooming.
click here to read more.